Monday, November 19, 2012

Getting crafty

I have always loved being creative and making beautiful things.  I must get it from my mom.  While I was growing up, my mom and her BFF had a business and would go to boutiques to sell.  They called themselves Bunny People and if only I could show you a picture of the bunnies they made.  I don't even know if I can describe them..."sock puppet looking bunnies with clothes and accessories" but that doesn't even do it justice.  I will be on the hunt for an old photo!
Back to me...
My friends and I used to walk to Michaels and get plaster statues to paint. We would spend all day making them perfect. It's a fun idea for your kids

I LOVED to finger knit. Do you remember doing that?
 
 
In third grade, we made a candy dish.  It was the gift for our parents and we made it from paper and laminated it.  I thought it was amazing so when I got home I made one for everyone in my family!
 
I enjoy making things so I read a lot of magazines, blogs and websites for inspiration.  Here are a few recent things I have done.

I got this hallway idea from my friend Katie at Minivan Diva.  I spray painted the frame and chalkboard. and made the L frame on the right.

 
  Inspiration from the show Cougar Town :) heehee
But I love it in kitchen


Have fun getting crafty!
xo Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note :)