Thursday, January 10, 2013

This year


 
About a week ago, my husband and I cleaned out our garage and organized the toys and clothes in the house.  I had 3 bags to donate to Good Will.  3!  I thought about the homeless families and the people that can't even put food on their tables.  We don't live an extravagant life, our house is just the right size for the 3 of us, but we have everything we need and are able to support ourselves.  When I went to the Good Will drop off in Mission Viejo, there were two men standing by the trucks.  Both trucks were full and I was told I couldn't leave my stuff there.  I drove to the drop off in Lake Forest and that truck was full also.  As I drove home, I thought about all of the excess items that people in this area didn't need anymore.  Clothes, toys, dishes, shoes, and decorations.  Items that some people only wish they had.  A friend of mine recently told me that she donated a box of unused Z Gallerie dishes...oh the excess.
So this year, I'm going to be more mindful of buying things I really don't need.  I will try not to purchase unnecessary items.  I will try...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note :)